Mr. Jossen enjoys an outstanding reputation among the Bench and Bar and has been a respected leader in the New York Legal Community for many years. He is a Fellow of the prestigious American College of Trial Lawyers. He is Vice-Chair of the College’s New York Downstate Committee. He is trained as an Arbitrator and Mediator, and has written on numerous legal issues, including arbitration.
Mr. Jossen consistently has been ranked as a leading lawyer for white-collar criminal defense and government investigations in Chambers USA, where commentators have described him as “very knowledgeable, has a great sense of strategy and is really good at looking down the road and seeing how the case will proceed.” He is recognized by the Legal 500, US, which praised his “ability to advise clients, address client needs and manage litigation.” He is also regularly listed by The Best Lawyers in America for bet-the-company litigation, commercial litigation and white-collar criminal defense. Benchmark Litigation has regularly recognized Mr. Jossen as a “Litigation Star” and applauded him as “highly regarded among peers.” He also has been named to Global Investigations Review’s list of “Who’s Who Legal Investigations” and has been listed for over 20 years as one of the best commercial and white-collar criminal defense litigators in the country in the Best Lawyers in America.
- 2005-2017 Partner, Dechert, LLP, Trial lawyer and Immediate Past Chair of Dechert's Global Litigation Team.
- 1996-2005: Partner, Swidler Berlin Shereff Friedman (New York). Trial lawyer and Chair of the firm’s Risk Management Committee.
- 1979-1995: Partner, Shereff Friedman Hoffman & Goodman (New York). Co-chair of litigation department and member of the firm’s Executive Committee.
- 1975-1979: Assistant United States Attorney in the office of the United States Attorney for the Southern District of New York. Chief, Appellate Section and trial attorney in the Criminal Division.
- 1973-1975: Associate at Proskauer, New York, and member of the Labor Department.
- 1972-73: Law Clerk to the Honorable Marvin E. Frankel, United States District Judge for the Southern District of New York.
Honors and Professional Development
- Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers
- Recipient, ADL Edward Brodsky Award
- Recipient, Judge Simon Rifkind Award, Jewish Theological Seminary
- Recipient, Torch of Learning Award
- Member, Board of Directors of Jewish Theological Seminary
- Member, Board of Visitors of Columbia University School of Law
- Previously Lecturer in Law on Professional Responsibility: Columbia University School of Law, Brooklyn Law School
- Advanced Mediation Course, AAA October 2017
- Arbitration Basics, AAA
- Ethics in Arbitration